Assistant Customer Care and Nutritional Advisor – Andover, Hampshire
OptiBac Probiotics are looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Customer Care and Nutritional Advisor to offer administrative and technical support as part of their rapidly-expanding consumer services team.
Location: To be based at our head office in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire.
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire. We specialise entirely in probiotic supplements and produce the OptiBac Probiotics range, which is extremely well researched and targets individual health conditions and needs. The range is primarily sold to independent health food shops and pharmacies in the UK, and in select international countries, as well as direct to individual consumers via our online shop. The OptiBac Probiotics team could be described as close-knit, enthusiastic, mutually-supportive and dedicated.
At OptiBac Probiotics we pride ourselves not only on high quality products, but also on excellent customer service (as demonstrated by our reviews). The primary function of this role will be to respond to consumer despatch and product queries via phone, email, social media and letter, and carry out other administrative tasks as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the Customer Care Department. Additional tasks will include making small edits to the website and writing content including blogs and FAQs.
This role will report to, and assist, the Head of Customer Care.
- This role will require the ability to constantly prioritise incoming despatch queries and respond to them in a timely fashion
- It will involve direct interaction with members of the public, retailers and practitioners to provide and process information in response to enquiries, concerns and requests, most specifically regarding product use, delivery, orders and services, either by telephone, electronically or by letter
- Answer consumer care phone line and respond promptly to customer enquiries, answering general technical health queries or passing them to the appropriate department if necessary, e.g. Trade/Sales reps/Export
- Handle and resolve customer complaints relating to order and despatch - obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints and update and record all details on customer accounts and complaints log
- Liaise with relevant teams regarding enquiries related to dispatch or website
- Take consumer orders over the phone using simple online form and answer straightforward product queries
- Writing: web content and simple edits to the website, posts for Facebook and other social media sites, and copy for other publications.
- Look after additional marketing tasks as necessary.
- Acquire and maintain a good understanding of the business and consumer needs
- To monitor & record the sources that drive individual customers to our brand
- Support the sales/despatch team as necessary
- Manage own administration and notes.
- Help with or take a lead in further developing internal systems for securely recording enquiries where appropriate, minimising need for repetition of emails (e.g. drafting templates), and ensuring a harmonised approach amongst the team to common enquiries.
- Opportunity to grow & expand responsibilities, depending on internal requirements and employee’s preferences & skills developed.
- Opportunity to attend occasional seminars or short courses in relevant fields such as customer care/ telephone skills/ content writing.
- Qualifications in customer service training or logistics marketing, English and/or writing may be advantageous but are not necessary
- A recognised qualification (degree or diploma) in a relevant complementary healthcare discipline (e.g.: Nutritional Therapy, Naturopathy, Herbalism), or applicant to be studying for such a qualification.
Qualities & ExperienceEssential: (The following experience & qualities are absolutely necessary for this role).
- Knowledge of nutrition and health management strategies acquired via a recognised qualification.
- Significant experience in customer services and administrative tasks
- Experience working in an office environment
- Must enjoy working as part of a small, mutually supportive team
- Excellent spoken and written English, with accurate spelling and grammar skills
(NB: Those applicants who are invited to attend for interview will be asked to complete a test to assess their written English and customer service skills)
- Good understanding of, and belief in, the idiom ‘The customer is always right’
- Ability to tailor communications to a variety of audiences (medical/CAM practitioners, direct consumers, social media audiences etc.)
- Ability to prioritise/sense of urgency with despatch queries
- Excellent administrative skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Word, Outlook etc.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Driven, hard-working and self-motivated, but happy to follow instruction
- Customer service qualifications and training
- Experience using social media networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram commercially
- Experience writing articles, blogs and web content
- Where candidates do not have experience working online, an interest in this field will be advantageous
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Appreciation for the value of joining a growing business
Hours, Salary, Start date etc.
- Full-time permanent position preferred, though part-time hours would be considered: 9-3pm daily or 4 days per week.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Start from October/November 2017, or as soon as possible
Please send a covering letter with references and CV to Kerry at [email protected]. The ideal candidate will carefully read the job description, and detail in a cover letter the knowledge, skills and experience which make them suitable for the role, along with their availability, notice period and salary expectations.
NB: Applicants who do not include a comprehensive covering letter with their application will not be considered.
For further information about the company, please browse the website, and for enquiries about the role, please contact Kerry on [email protected].
Deadline for applications – 30/09/17
Applications received after this date may not be considered