Buyer / Planner - Andover, Hampshire
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire. It produces the ‘OptiBac Probiotics’ range of health supplements, which are sold in independent health food stores and pharmacies across the UK & Ireland. The company is committed to growing the business with a focus towards continuous learning, team spirit, health and wellbeing. The team could be described as close-knit, enthusiastic and dedicated.
A challenging new position has been created for an experienced Buyer / Planner to take over all elements of supply chain management. Would suite a candidate with 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position, willing to develop the role and systems for a fast-growing dynamic company. The scope of the role would include:
- Review sales of 12 products / 23 sku’s and forecast when replacement stock will be required.
- Provide purchasing forecasts on a monthly basis for the manufacturers.
- Place orders for the stock from the leading probiotic manufacturers worldwide in a timely manner, avoiding a product going out-of-stock or being over stocked on a particular sku.
- Place orders for the product packaging and liaise with printing companies.
- Work with the company import agent to clear goods through customs.
- Liaise with our contract packer and provide them with a 12 monthly rolling forecast.
- Nurture relationships with all suppliers.
- Liaise with the marketing and technical teams on packaging development.
- Arrange the logistics for the probiotic, packaging and contract packer.
- Advise management team on any stock shortages or surpluses.
- Liaise with the Export Manager on export requirements and order stock accordingly.
- Liaise with the Managing Director, who negotiates prices and terms with the probiotic suppliers.
- Liaise with the New Product Development Manager on new product launches.
- Experience in the health food industry is advantageous.
- Driven, hardworking, self-motivated and assertive.
- Confidentiality, discretion and dependability essential.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail is an essential attribute.
- Excellent computer skills, numeracy and written English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn and pick up new processes.
- Ability to manage own work load, prioritise tasks in order of importance and meet deadlines.
- Appreciation for the value of joining a close-knit, family-run, growing business.
- Willingness to help team members during busy periods.
- Ability to commute to Weyhill daily essential.
- Experience working in an office environment is essential.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Buyer / Planner position advantageous
- Advance level Excel advantageous.
- Experience providing excellent customer service necessary.
- Education to GCSE A* - C standard or equivalent in English and Maths essential
- CIPS qualification advantageous
- Full, clean, driving licence is advantageous.
Hours, Salary & Start date
- Permanent position, full time 8 ½ hours per day.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Start August 2017.
- Opportunity for personal & professional development.
- Please carefully read the job description and send covering letter (detailing the knowledge, skills and experience which make you a suitable candidate for the role), references and CV to Debbie at [email protected] by Friday 14th July 2017
For more company information
- Please visit www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk