Buyer / Planner – Andover, Hampshire
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire. It produces the ‘OptiBac Probiotics’ range of health supplements, which are sold in independent health food stores and pharmacies across the UK & Ireland. The company is committed to growing the business with a focus towards continuous learning, team spirit, health and wellbeing. The team could be described as close-knit, enthusiastic and dedicated.
A challenging new position has been created for an experienced Buyer / Planner to take over all elements of supply chain management. Would suite a candidate with 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position, willing to develop the role and systems for a fast-growing dynamic company. The scope of the role would include:
- Review sales of 12 products / 23 sku’s and forecast when replacement stock will be required.
- Provide purchasing forecasts on a monthly basis for the manufacturers.
- Place orders for the stock from the leading probiotic manufacturers worldwide in a timely manner, avoiding a product going out-of-stock or being over stocked on a particular sku.
- Place orders for the product packaging and liaise with printing companies.
- Work with the company import agent to clear goods through customs.
- Liaise with our contract packer and provide them with a 12 monthly rolling forecast.
- Nurture relationships with all suppliers.
- Liaise with the marketing and technical teams on packaging development.
- Arrange the logistics for the probiotic, packaging and contract packer.
- Advise management team on any stock shortages or surpluses.
- Liaise with the Export Manager on export requirements and order stock accordingly.
- Liaise with the Managing Director, who negotiates prices and terms with the probiotic suppliers.
- Liaise with the New Product Development Manager on new product launches.
- Experience in the health food industry is advantageous.
- Driven, hardworking, self-motivated and assertive.
- Confidentiality, discretion and dependability essential.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail is an essential attribute.
- Excellent computer skills, numeracy and written English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn and pick up new processes.
- Ability to manage own work load, prioritise tasks in order of importance and meet deadlines.
- Appreciation for the value of joining a close-knit, family-run, growing business.
- Willingness to help team members during busy periods.
- Ability to commute to Weyhill daily essential.
- Experience working in an office environment is essential.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Buyer / Planner position advantageous
- Advance level Excel advantageous.
- Experience providing excellent customer service necessary.
- Education to GCSE A* - C standard or equivalent in English and Maths essential
- CIPS qualification advantageous
- Full, clean, driving licence is advantageous.
Hours, Salary & Start date
- Permanent position, full time 8 ½ hours per day.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Start August 2017.
- Opportunity for personal & professional development.
- Please note we are no longer accepting applications for this position, unless in exceptional circumstances. For more information contact us on 01264 369 936 and ask for Debbie.
For more company information
- Please visit www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk