Junior IT Support Technician
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover. It produces a range of health supplements named ‘OptiBac Probiotics’, which are sold to health food stores and pharmacies across the UK & Ireland.
This role is extremely varied and the successful candidate will be challenged on a daily basis. The successful applicant will have a passion for continuous learning, will be flexible and possess the ability to multi-task as their role may span one or more areas of expertise.
To be considered for this role, you will require the following skill-set:
- Experience supporting systems in a Windows environment;
- Understanding & working knowledge of computer networks;
- Ability to deliver presentations & training;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deadlines.
This role will report to the Head of IT.
Duties / Areas of responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Support other members of the IT department to ensure the maintenance, testing, availability and integrity of IT infrastructure and applications.
- Support in the troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of support issues proactively.
- Provide user training (individually or in small groups) which may include creating procedural documentation, presentations and user guides.
- Support in the delivery of appropriate IT systems, processes and procedures.
- Perform some basic administrative duties (e.g asset management, IT purchases etc) as required.
Qualities, Experience & Knowledge
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role.
- Experience configuring and managing network components such as switches and access points.
- Experience using and administering Active Directory.
- Relevant IT certifications would be beneficial (A+, Network+, Security+).
- Experience creating and delivering training.
- Hard working and motivated team player.
- Enthusiasm for learning and ability to pick up new skills.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex technical errors.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) & organisational skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, logical thinking and ability to prioritise.
Hours, Salary & Start date
- Full time, permanent position
- £20,000 - £22,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Ability to commute to the head office daily is essential
- Immediate start
Please carefully read the job description and send a covering letter (detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for the role), accompanied by a CV to James at [email protected].
Deadline for applications is 31st July 2018.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed as applications arrive and we reserve the right to withdraw this position at any time.
For more company information please visit www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk