Junior IT Support Technician
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover. It produces a range of health supplements named ‘OptiBac Probiotics’, which are sold to health food stores and pharmacies across the UK & Ireland.
This role is extremely varied and the successful candidate will be challenged on a daily basis. The successful applicant will have a passion for continuous learning, will be flexible and possess the ability to multi-task as their role may span one or more areas of expertise.
To be considered for this role, you will require the following skill-set:
- Experience supporting systems in a Windows environment
- Basic networking (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP) knowledge.
- Comfortable delivering presentations & training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deadlines.
This role will report to the Head of IT.
Duties / Areas of responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring the monitoring, maintenance, periodic testing, availability and integrity of all IT infrastructure and applications.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving support issues proactively and seeing them through to resolution.
- Providing user training (individually or in small groups) which may include creating procedural documentation, presentations and user guides.
- Testing, evaluating and recommending system enhancements for improvements.
- Understanding the business needs in order to support the delivery of appropriate IT systems within budget.
- Planning and undertaking IT projects as required.
- Performing some basic administrative duties (e.g asset management, IT purchases etc)
Potential tasks (depending on skills & desires of successful candidate and needs of the company)
- Making use of basic HTML to fix formatting issues on company web pages.
Qualities, Experience & Knowledge
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role.
- Experience working with, configuring & managing network components including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches and access points.
- Experience configuring and using Active Directory.
- Comfortable creating and delivering training.
- Hard working and motivated team player.
- Enthusiasm for learning and ability to pick up new skills.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex technical errors.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) & organisational skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, logical thinking and ability to prioritise.
- Desired minimum: GCSE grades C in English and Mathematics.
- BTEC Diploma or a Degree in a computing related field.
- Relevant vendor specific / neutral certifications would be beneficial
Hours, Salary & Start date
- Full time, permanent position
- £20,000 - £22,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Ability to commute to the head office daily is essential
- Immediate start
- Please carefully read the job description and send a covering letter (detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for the role), accompanied by a CV to James at [email protected]
- Deadline for applications is 31st March 2018.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed as applications arrive and we reserve the right to withdraw this position at any time.
For more company information please visit www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk