3rd Line IT Technician
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover. It produces a range of health supplements named 'OptiBac Probiotics', which are sold to health food stores and pharmacies across the UK & Ireland.
This role is extremely varied and you'll be challenged on a daily basis. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a passion for continuous learning, be flexible, able to work under pressure and to deadlines and possess the ability to multi-task as their role may span one or more areas of expertise.
To be considered for this role, you will require the following skill-set:
- Experience supporting systems in a Windows environment
- Experience maintaining and / or configuring Windows Servers
- Experience maintaining and / or configuring Active Directory
- Understanding of computer networks
This role will report to the IT Manager.
Duties / Areas of Responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- 2nd and 3rd Line IT Support
- Ensuring the monitoring, maintenance, periodic testing, availability and integrity of all IT infrastructure and applications.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving support issues proactively and seeing them through to resolution.
- Testing, evaluating and recommending system enhancements for improvements.
- Understanding the business needs in order to support the delivery of appropriate IT systems within budget.
- Planning and undertaking IT projects as required.
- Performing some basic administrative duties.
Qualities, Experience & Knowledge
- 5 years working in IT Support (face to face or remote) with demonstrable experience at a 2nd / 3rd line level.
- Proven experience working with server infrastructure and configuring and managing network components including but not limited to firewalls, routers and switches.
- Experience planning and implementing one or more IT system changes.
- Good knowledge of backup systems.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex technical errors.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills.
- Experience setting up or managing a variety of network monitoring tools
- Azure AD
- Managing a variety of firewalls
- Network monitoring tools
- IT security
- Desired minimum: GCSE grades C in English and Mathematics.
- BTEC Diploma or a Degree in a computing related field.
- Relevant vendor specific / neutral certifications would be beneficial.
Hours, Salary & Start date
- Full time, permanent position
- Salary of £25k to £34k, depending on experience
- Ability to commute to the head office daily is essential
- Immediate start
- Please carefully read the job description and send a covering letter (detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for the role), accompanied by a CV to James at [email protected]
- Deadline for applications is the 14th December 2018
- Suitable candidates will be interviewed as applications arrive and we reserve the right to withdraw this position at any time.
For more company information
- Please visit www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk