What's it for?
Daily live cultures supplement and Omega 3 for your cholesterol levels.
Who's it for?
For anyone concerned about their cholesterol levels.
Each 2 capsules provide:
Hard capsule: 1.2 billion 'AB-Life' live cultures; soft capsule: 300mg of ALA (omega 3)
Which specific strains?
- Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527
- Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7528
- Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7529
OptiBac 'For your cholesterol'
- Live cultures and Omega 3 to support the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels
- Contains 1.2 billion live cultures from the Lactobacillus plantarum species, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) capsules, a type of Omega 3 that has been shown to maintain normal cholesterol
- Has undergone numerous clinical trials and is scientifically proven to survive through stomach acidity to reach the gut alive
- Safe to take alongside statins or cholesterol-lowering medication and has no risk of undesirable side effects
- Does not require refrigeration, contrary to some other live culture supplements
- Suitable for women during pregnancy and is also certified gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
British Heart Foundation statistics reveal that 60% of the UK adult population have high cholesterol. 'For your cholesterol' has been created especially for those seeking to support the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels. It contains clinically trialled strains of natural bacteria, as well as alpha linolenic acid (ALA), a type of Omega 3 shown to maintain normal cholesterol levels. Suggested for daily use, each hard capsule provides 1.2 billion live microorganisms that will survive through stomach acidity and is guaranteed until end of expiry.
This supplement also contains high quality friendly bacteria. For best results take this product for a minimum of three months. It can safely be taken on an ongoing basis with no risk of undesirable side effects.
Clinically trialled and tested
Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) has undergone numerous clinical trials demonstrating its efficacy at helping to maintain normal cholesterol levels, and the ability of this particular omega 3 (ALA) to support health has been validated by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Our high-quality ALA is sourced from cold pressed virgin flax seed oil. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of alpha-linolenic acid as part of a balanced diet.
The very specific live cultures in this supplement ('AB-Life' Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7528, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7529) have undergone a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled clinical trial which was published in the British Journal of Nutrition in May 2013. What's more these strains from OptiBac have been tested and shown to survive environmental stressors and gastric acidity, to survive to reach the gut alive.
It is important to note that this supplement, unlike many other live cultures products, does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
Available in one pack size of 2 x 30 capsules. Each hard capsule provides a count of over 1.2 billion natural bacteria. Each soft capsule provides 300mg of ALA (omega 3).
Instructions For Use
Natural food supplement suitable for adults with the following recommendations:
- Take one hard capsule and one soft capsule every day.
- Take with food, preferably with breakfast.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For best results, take daily for at least three months.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Safe to take alongside statins or cholesterol lowering medication.
The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of alpha-linolenic acid as part of a balanced diet.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For your cholesterol' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please visit our FAQ summary page.
Free over £100. Discount automatically applied at checkout when you spend £100.
Standard: £1.75 - please allow 4-7 days for delivery
First Class: £2.50 - please allow 1-3 days for delivery
Delivery within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has a fixed price, regardless of the size and weight of your order. Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
Next Day UK Delivery *
Order before 3pm from Monday – Friday and select option ‘next day delivery’ at the checkout. Signature required.
* Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Irish postcodes BT18 & upwards, Scottish borders and offshore, and a small number of remote mainland destinations as determined by our delivery courier.
Once your parcel has been collected from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email
to let you know that the parcel has been dispatched.
For any further delivery queries, please call us on 01264 363 193 or email [email protected].
Orders placed before 3pm will be dispatched on the same working day.
Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
We deliver to more than 50 countries and offer free delivery on orders over £100.
For more details, please check out our shipping & delivery FAQ.
We are a UK-based company and product prices on our website are shown in
pounds sterling (GBP £).
If you are purchasing from abroad, conversion to your local currency will be made by your bank on the day of purchase.
We recommend using an online currency conversion tool if you'd like an estimate, though do bear in mind that the rates displayed may be subject to change before your bank processes your transaction.
Customer Reviews – 18 Reviews
Reviews are very close to our heart.
Here is what our customers have to say about OptiBac 'For your cholesterol':