Wren Laboratories Ltd, makers of OptiBac Probiotics, are a thriving healthcare company that develops, markets & sells high quality probiotic supplements, backed by scientific research. Family-run and based in Andover, Hampshire, our supplements are sold across the UK and increasingly internationally. Our team is enthusiastic and dedicated and we are committed to growing the business in a way that fosters continuous learning, team spirit, and health & wellbeing.
We are looking to recruit an experienced brand manager, to proactively take our brand and marketing to the next level; ensuring we are engaging effectively with our target consumer, and delivering marketing activities based on a strategic brand plan.
In this role, you will play a leading role in both brand strategy and content creation, bringing the brand to life in the UK as well as internationally, ensuring that all content is relevant and on message. You will also be responsible for marketing campaigns, new product launches, as well as trade & consumer events. You will work closely with the Head of Digital, as the business grows online, embracing digital tools as one of the most effective ways of raising the brand profile.
Responsible to: Marketing Director
Responsible for: 3 x graphic design & marketers and one marketing assistant.
There is scope to develop and grow your team.
- To manage, motivate and oversee the work of the graphic design and marketing team.
- To develop and implement the company’s brand plan projects, such as developing a communications plan, and to evaluate the efficacy of such projects.
- To work with the Export Manager to identify the market needs and ensure the brand is represented effectively in international markets.
- To work with our Head of Digital, as well as social media specialist and online reseller specialists to develop our brand profile online.
- To own, further develop and carry out the brand strategy.
- Day to day management of the brand
- Budget responsibility for marketing - draft budget and get sign off before managing it closely, including spend for advertising, point of sale materials, trade and consumer shows, training trade materials and so on.
- Bringing the brand to life in the UK market as well as giving clear guidance and support to international partners regarding representation of the brand.
- Manage direct reports following the company’s HR policies and guidance, including running mid-year reviews, end of year appraisals, and providing support, motivation and demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- Working with the graphic design team and training team to oversee the production of materials for training.
- Working with the graphic design team, as well as head of sales to oversee the production of point of sale materials for retailers.
- Ensuring all communications work within industry legislation such as the EU Nutrition & Health Claims regulation; a deep understanding of which will be essential.
- Manage and oversee the advertising budget, booking in advertisements for print and otherwise
- Working with the design team and Head of Digital, social media specialist and online reseller to oversee creation of e-content.
- To implement training, guidelines and workshops for relevant teams of people to ensure that all external communications are produced within a framework that is ‘on brand’.
- To manage our relationship with our external PR agency, setting targets and KPIs in order to maximise press coverage for the brand.
- To be the first point of contact for partner organisations such as Womankind Worldwide.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to combine creative vision with a strong commercial understanding.
- Excellent English, grammar, spelling and proof-reading ability
- First class organisational skills & project management skills
- Appreciation for the bigger picture, ability to focus on high level strategy and to prioritise well.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to motivate a team
- A commitment to self-development
- A personal interest in health and nutrition is highly advantageous
- Appreciation for the value of joining a dynamic and growing business
- A minimum of three years’ experience working as a brand manager.
- A degree or similar qualification in marketing, communications, or relevant field.
- Experience working in natural products, consumer healthcare or pharmaceutical industries is advantageous
Hours, location & salary
- Full time, permanent position
- Based in the Hampshire Head Office, with ability to travel occasionally for shows or to visit London office
- Ability & willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
Please send a covering letter with CV to Soraya at [email protected]
The ideal candidate will carefully read the job description, and detail in a cover letter the knowledge, skills and experience which make them suitable for the role. Please also include your availability, notice period and salary expectations.
Deadline for applications: end of Thursday 13th September 2018. Applications received after this date may not be considered.