New Product Development & Technical Advisor
A vacancy has arisen at OptiBac Probiotics for a New Product Development and Technical Advisor role to assist our expanding technical team.
Location: To be based at our head office in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire.
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire. We specialise entirely in probiotic supplements and produce the OptiBac Probiotics range, which is extremely well researched and targets individual health conditions and needs. The range is primarily sold to independent health food shops and pharmacies in the UK and selected international countries, as well as direct to individual consumers via our online shop. The OptiBac Probiotics team could be described as close-knit, positive, enthusiastic, mutually-supportive and dedicated. A key aspect to the growth and development of the company is the continuous knowledge of new research into probiotics and prebiotics, and acquiring novel probiotic products into our range.
The Technical Team supports the Marketing, Customer Services and Sales departments in making sure as a company we provide accurate and up to date scientific information on our products and probiotics in general. The team is very instrumental in the launch of new products, keeping up with regulatory demands & packaging changes and liaising with current and potential new partners.
- Keep up to date with developments in research on our probiotic strains
- Assess the quality of clinical trials in the consideration of potential new products
- Assist in providing technical information required to respond to particularly technical or scientific questions posed by consumers or retailers in a timely manner
- Break down scientific information into plain English for other members of the company
- Perform background research and write copy for marketing materials
- Liaise with partners to meet the regulatory demands of the Export department
- Provide technical support for the Internal Training Specialists in preparing for sales team training days
- Occasional travel to conferences / events.
- Degree in a science subject
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma or relevant Degree in a Complementary Therapy
- Relevant workplace experience
- Experience working in natural products, consumer healthcare, OTC or pharmaceutical industries is advantageous
- A keen interest in the value of research to discover the potential of specific probiotics for the development of novel probiotic products, and to further our understanding of the gut microbiome
- Excellent organisational skills, logical thinking and ability to prioritise
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and broad aims, as well as in-depth analysis and attention to detail
- Good team work as well as motivation and drive to work alone where needed
- Comfortable with mainly computer-based work
- Good communication and professional attitude over email, telephone and face-to-face in meetings with external contacts, whose first language is often not English
- Good communication at various levels of detail, and in different contexts e.g. broad brush, scientific/ theoretical, consumer-oriented, commercial
- Presentation skills
- Ability to keep track of a number of different projects at once, and to have persistence when communicating with partners to ensure we receive the information required
- Ability to cope well with periods of quick developments and exciting new product developments, and at other times in the year periods of slower-paced technical ground work
- Appreciation for the value of joining a small company
Hours, Location & Salary
There is some flexibility to the hours depending on the requirements of the right candidate:
- Full time or 4 day/week, permanent position
- Based in the Hampshire Head Office
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Please send a CV and covering letter to Megan at [email protected]. Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered. The successful candidate will carefully read the job description and detail in their letter, the skills and experience that make them suitable for all aspects of the role.
Deadline for applications is 25th June 2018. Applications sent after this date may not be reviewed. We cannot guarantee a response to all candidates. We may start interviewing as soon as we received applications so please apply as early as possible.