Social Media Specialist
Wren Laboratories is a healthcare company that develops, markets and sells probiotic products, which are backed by scientific research, under the brand name ‘OptiBac Probiotics’. We specialise entirely in probiotic food supplements which are sold across the UK and increasingly internationally. Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based near Andover, Hampshire. The company is committed to growing the business with a focus towards continuous learning, team spirit, health and wellbeing. Our team is close-knit, enthusiastic and dedicated. We are one of the fastest growing companies in the Natural Products Industry and are committed to producing quality products and providing excellent customer service.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced social media marketer to manage our social media presence and help take the company’s online marketing efforts to the next level. Please note that the role is varied and may develop over time, as per candidate’s skills and preferences, and the company’s needs.
- Develop the company’s social media strategy, with brand vision and reputation, user engagement and traffic & conversions at its core
- Plan engaging content for the company’s social networks including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Collaborate with our content & design teams to produce content
- Update and monitor the relevant social channels on a daily basis – including limited weekend and evening work
- Analyse social media campaigns to determine efficacy and areas for social media campaign improvement, as well as monitor competitor’s channels
- Work with the qualified nutritional therapists to produce health-related content that is helpful, responsible and practical.
- Work with the qualified nutritional therapists to answer any technical health questions
- Actively grow each social channel in terms of both following and engagement
- Increase the number of videos and interactive content with the help of our in-house design team
- Develop and run ongoing paid campaigns on Facebook & Instagram which are proven to convert at a cost-effective level
- Work with the Head of Digital to develop and manage a video marketing strategy for the company, making videos for the relevant social networks, our website, as well as developing our YouTube channel
- Potential to contribute regularly to the company’s web content with new pages (e. g. blog posts) and make regular edits to existing pages
- Help to develop the company’s social media global strategy.
- Regularly interact with influencers in the health & wellbeing space, as well as with stockists and healthcare professionals who recommend the brand
- Encourage @mentions and tags from others as well as doing some linkbuilding work
- Help with in-house PR and communicating with our PR agency
- Manage own administration and keep database up to date with notes
- Assist colleagues in marketing with any relevant tasks and assist marketing director or head of digital with ad hoc work
- Academic degree
- Good level of English, both written and verbal
- Full, clean driving license
- At least 2 years in social media marketing or online marketing is essential.
- At least 2 years of experience working in an office environment is essential.
- Experience working in the natural health or related industries would be advantageous.
- Experience updating a website is advantageous
Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as excellent English and grammar.
- Excellent computer skills and web browsing capabilities
- Good organisational skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, sociable and creative individual
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Appreciation for the value of joining a close-knit, growing, family-run business
- Appreciation for the value of joining a growing family-run business
- Personal interest in health and well being
- Willing to continually improve knowledge on health and probiotics over time
Hours, Salary & Start Date
This role reports into the Head of Digital. Full time (42.5h/week), Monday to Friday with occasional weekend or evening work, permanent position based at Head Office in Hampshire. Ability to commute to Weyhill, near Andover, is essential. Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Opportunity for personal & professional development, including in future hiring and managing an assistant and /or team. Start immediately. We take great pride and care in providing a great place to work for all team members. For more information on the company, please visit www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk.
Please carefully read the job description and send a covering letter (detailing the knowledge, skills and experience which make you a suitable candidate for the role), references and CV to Julie at [email protected]
Closing date for applications
Applications will close on the 30th April. Applications sent after this date may not be reviewed. We cannot guarantee a response to all candidates. We may start interviewing as soon as we’ve received applications so please apply as early as possible.