What is it for?
Live cultures and FOS for natural fibre
Who is it for?
For anyone, from 1 year onwards, who is seeking a natural option.
Provides 5 billion live cultures + 4g of FOS fibres.
Which specific strain?
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®
OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre'
- High quality, well researched live cultures of B. lactis BB-12® that are scientifically proven to reach the gut alive
- Each sachet provides 5 billion live cultures and 4g of FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) per sachet, guaranteed until end of expiry
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12® has seen extensive clinical research and is thought to be the world's most researched strain of Bifidobacterium
- Does not require refrigeration, unlike many live cultures supplements
- Suitable for infants (one year+), women during pregnancy, breastfeeding mothers, the elderly, vegans and vegetarians, and certified gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
- Take one sachet initially and up to four sachets per day if required, with plenty of water
OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre' has been created especially for those seeking a high-quality natural bacteria and fibre supplement. It contains Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®, thought to be the most researched strain of the entire Bifidobacterium family, and 4g of FOS (fructooligosaccharides). Suggested for daily use, each capsule provides 5 billion live microorganisms that will survive through stomach acidity and bile salts and is guaranteed per capsule until end of expiry. OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre' is suitable for infants (one year+), women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and is also gluten-free for those with celiac disease or those with an intolerance.
Available in two pack sizes of 10 or 30 sachets of live cultures. Each sachet provides a count of over 5 billion natural bacteria, guaranteed to the end of expiry. All OptiBac strains are thoroughly researched and documented, so you can be confident you're getting a high quality supplement.
It is important to note that this supplement, unlike many other live cultures products, does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
Note: Fructooligosaccharides may initially result in flatulence and / or bloating in some people. These side effects are temporary and should stop as the body adjusts. If side effects continue for 3-4 days, consider reducing the dosage.
Instructions For Use
Take 1 sachet initially and up to 4 sachets per day if required, with plenty of water.
- Adults and children (one year and over): Take one sachet daily with food, preferably with breakfast when stomach acidity is at its most neutral.
- For ongoing use: one sachet will often suffice but more can be taken as desired, or as professionally instructed.
- Shake the sachet, then slowly sprinkle contents into a glass of water and vigorously swirl to dissolve fully.
- Do not use a spoon as this may cause the sachet contents to clump. Drink plenty of water with this supplement.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'Bifidobacteria & fibre' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please visit our FAQ summary page.
Free over £100. Discount automatically applied at checkout when you spend £100.
Standard: £1.75 - please allow 4-7 days for delivery
First Class: £2.50 - please allow 1-3 days for delivery
Delivery within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has a fixed price, regardless of the size and weight of your order. Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
Next Day UK Delivery *
Order before 3pm from Monday – Friday and select option ‘next day delivery’ at the checkout. Signature required.
* Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Irish postcodes BT18 & upwards, Scottish borders and offshore, and a small number of remote mainland destinations as determined by our delivery courier.
Once your parcel has been collected from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email
to let you know that the parcel has been dispatched.
For any further delivery queries, please call us on 01264 363 193 or email [email protected].
Orders placed before 3pm will be dispatched on the same working day.
Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
We deliver to more than 50 countries and offer free delivery on orders over £100.
For more details, please check out our shipping & delivery FAQ.
We are a UK-based company and product prices on our website are shown in
pounds sterling (GBP £).
If you are purchasing from abroad, conversion to your local currency will be made by your bank on the day of purchase.
We recommend using an online currency conversion tool if you'd like an estimate, though do bear in mind that the rates displayed may be subject to change before your bank processes your transaction.
Customer Reviews – 27 Reviews
Reviews are very close to our heart.
Here is what our customers have to say about OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre':