What's it for?
Expert friendly bacteria supplement especially for infants and children.
Who's it for?
For infants and children, from birth to 12 years, and for pregnant & breastfeeding women.
Provides 3 billion live cultures + 0.75g of FOS fibres.
Which specific strains?
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
- Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33
- Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71
OptiBac 'For babies & children'
- Friendly bacteria supplement from OptiBac, especially for infants & children
- Provides 3 billion high quality live cultures and 0.75g of FOS fibres (Fructooligosaccharides) per sachet, guaranteed until end of expiry
- Fructooligosaccharides found within this supplement make it a natural source of fibre
- Contains high-quality strains, including Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33, that have been clinically trialled in children
- Completely free from sugars, artificial flavours and colourings which can be found in other children's supplements and foods containing live cultures
- With excellent reviews from parents, this supplement is suitable for infants & children from birth, women during pregnancy, & breastfeeding mothers
OptiBac For babies & children' (formerly known as 'For your child's health') is a natural live cultures supplement and has been created especially for children from birth, and has received industry awards and excellent reviews from parents. It contains well-researched strains of natural bacteria with fibre, including the trusted strain Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33. Suggested for daily use, each sachet provides 3 billion live microorganisms guaranteed.
We specialise entirely in friendly bacteria, and only use strains of the highest quality, with extensive research behind them. The strains contained in this supplement have all been tested and shown to survive stomach acidity to reach the gut alive. Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) also make this product naturally high in fibre. 'For babies & children' is completely free from sugars, artificial flavours & colourings which can be found in other children's supplements and foods containing live cultures.
The supplement is enclosed in a 3-layer laminated sachet for maximum protection against heat and humidity. Unlike many other live cultures products, it does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
Available in three pack sizes of 10, 30 or 90 sachets of live cultures. Each sachet provides a count of over 3 billion natural bacteria.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Pregnant and nursing mothers can take this supplement during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnant women expecting a Cesearean birth may safely take OptiBac 'For babies & children' during pregnancy.
Please note this product may contain tiny traces of dairy and/or soy, and is therefore not recommended to those with a strict allergy to dairy. It should be fine however, for those with lactose intolerance.
Did you know that we are a family business in more ways than one? OptiBac was founded by a father and his three children who continue to work together, and is home to more families - even spanning three generations with our sales star Annie and her grandson Jacob! So who better to make supplements for your family? This product contains carefully selected natural bacteria and fibre especially for your children. Tummy-tastic!
Instructions For Use
Food supplement suitable for infants (from birth), children and adults with the following recommendations:
- Can easily be mixed with your child's favourite foods or drinks.
- Can be taken with formula milk when it is at room temperature, but not when warmed (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Adults & children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of live cultures.
- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
- Infants from birth to 3 years: 1 sachet per day
- Kids 4 - 12 years: 1 to 2 sachets per day as desired
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers: 1 sachet per day
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For babies & children' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please visit our FAQ summary page.
Free over £100. Discount automatically applied at checkout when you spend £100.
Standard: £1.75 - please allow 4-7 days for delivery
First Class: £2.50 - please allow 1-3 days for delivery
Delivery within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has a fixed price, regardless of the size and weight of your order. Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
Next Day UK Delivery *
Order before 3pm from Monday – Friday and select option ‘next day delivery’ at the checkout. Signature required.
* Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Irish postcodes BT18 & upwards, Scottish borders and offshore, and a small number of remote mainland destinations as determined by our delivery courier.
Once your parcel has been collected from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email
to let you know that the parcel has been dispatched.
For any further delivery queries, please call us on 01264 363 193 or email [email protected].
Orders placed before 3pm will be dispatched on the same working day.
Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
We deliver to more than 50 countries and offer free delivery on orders over £100.
For more details, please check out our shipping & delivery FAQ.
We are a UK-based company and product prices on our website are shown in
pounds sterling (GBP £).
If you are purchasing from abroad, conversion to your local currency will be made by your bank on the day of purchase.
We recommend using an online currency conversion tool if you'd like an estimate, though do bear in mind that the rates displayed may be subject to change before your bank processes your transaction.
Customer Reviews – 60 Reviews
Reviews are very close to our heart.
Here is what our customers have to say about OptiBac 'For babies & children':