What's it for?
Natural friendly bacteria supplement recommended for daily use.
Who's it for?
For babies, toddlers and school-age children up to 12 years old.
Provides 3 billion live cultures + 0.75g of fructooligosaccharide (FOS) fibres.
OptiBac 'For babies & children'
- 3 billion bacteria count per sachet, guaranteed until end of expiry
Contains the following live cultures strains, which have been extensively researched in babies and children:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
- Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33
- Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71
- All strains tested and shown to survive to reach the gut alive
- Natural source of fibre
- Sugar-free, with no artificial flavours or colourings
- Provides a good alternative to friendly bacteria yoghurts and yoghurt drinks, which are often high in sugar
- Easy to take – simply mix with cold food or drinks
- Does not require refrigeration – the supplement is enclosed in a 3-layer laminated sachet tor maximum protection
- Award-winning supplement with excellent reviews from parents
- Suitable for vegetarian, gluten-free and lactose-free diets
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Instructions For Use
Food supplement suitable for infants (from birth), children and adults with the following recommendations:
- Can easily be mixed with your child's favourite foods or drinks - sprinkle the powder over cereal, mix in with yoghurt or dissolve in a glass of water or cold milk.
- Can be taken with formula milk when it is at room temperature, but not when warmed (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Adults & children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of live cultures.
- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
- Infants from birth to 3 years: 1 sachet per day
- Kids 4 - 12 years: 1 to 2 sachets per day as desired
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers: 1 sachet per day
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For babies & children' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please visit our FAQ summary page.
Free over £100. Discount automatically applied at checkout when you spend £100.
Standard: £1.75 - please allow 4-7 days for delivery
First Class: £2.50 - please allow 1-3 days for delivery
Delivery within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has a fixed price, regardless of the size and weight of your order. Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
Next Day UK Delivery *
Order before 3pm from Monday – Friday and select option ‘next day delivery’ at the checkout. Signature required.
* Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Irish postcodes BT18 & upwards, Scottish borders and offshore, and a small number of remote mainland destinations as determined by our delivery courier.
Once your parcel has been collected from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email
to let you know that the parcel has been dispatched.
For any further delivery queries, please call us on 01264 363 193 or email [email protected].
Orders placed before 3pm will be dispatched on the same working day.
Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
We deliver to more than 50 countries and offer free delivery on orders over £100.
For more details, please check out our shipping & delivery FAQ.
We are a UK-based company and product prices on our website are shown in
pounds sterling (GBP £).
If you are purchasing from abroad, conversion to your local currency will be made by your bank on the day of purchase.
We recommend using an online currency conversion tool if you'd like an estimate, though do bear in mind that the rates displayed may be subject to change before your bank processes your transaction.
Want to make sure to never run out of your favourite daily supplement, or want to give a special gift?
Then our easy subscription service is just for you! Simply schedule a repeat order and let us take care of everything else. The service is free, secure, and you can cancel at any time.
How do I set up a subscription?
You need to be a registered account holder in order to set up subscriptions. The set-up process varies slightly depending on whether you already have an account or still need to sign up for one. Please see how to guides below.
Already got an OptiBac account?
1. Log into account
Go to "My Account" and log in.
2a. Add new subscription
Add only supplements you want to receive as part of your subscription to your basket and place an order using a debit or credit card. Don't forget to select 'Save card details'! Confirm subscription details on order confirmation page and click "Subscribe".
2b. Subscribe to existing order
Go to 'My Orders', locate the order you want to subscribe to and click "Subscribe". Select frequency, start date and payment card and click "Create".
Not yet registered for an OptiBac account?
1. Place order
Add only supplements you want to receive as part of your subscription to your basket and place an order using a debit or credit card. Don't forget to select 'Save card details'!
Create account by adding a password on the order confirmation page.
Go to 'My Orders' and click "Subscribe". Select frequency, start date and payment card and click "Create".
1. Receive your order
Based on your preferences, we'll automatically place a new order and take payment for it. You'll receive an e-mail when the order has been placed and also when your parcel has been dispatched.
2. Cancel or amend order
You can cancel or change the frequency of your subscription at any time. Simply go to My Account > Order Subscriptions.
Customer Reviews – 61 Reviews
Reviews are very close to our heart.
Here is what our customers have to say about OptiBac 'For babies & children':