What's it for?
Friendly bacteria to take prior to and during your travels.
Who's it for?
Travellers seeking a supplement for foreign environments such as India, Egypt and Mexico.
Provides 5 billion live cultures.
Which specific strains?
- Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11
- Saccharomyces boulardii
- Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
OptiBac 'For travelling abroad'
- High quality friendly bacteria, especially for those going abroad to far-flung destinations
- Provides 5 billion live cultures, from the Lactobacillus, Saccharomyces and Bifidobacterium genera, that are all well-researched and guaranteed until end of expiry
- Shown to survive at higher temperatures and humidity, making this a suitable travel companion for destinations with hotter, more humid climates than that of the UK, such as India, Egypt or Mexico
- Does not require refrigeration, making it especially suitable for travels
- Suitable for vegetarians and certified gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
- Contains no added sugars, artificial flavourings or colourings
This supplement contains 4 high quality strains of live cultures which are all scientifically proven to survive to reach the gut alive, and to survive at higher temperatures, making this a suitable travel companion for destinations with hotter, more humid climates. The high-quality nature of this supplement gives travellers the increased confidence to enjoy their holidays worry-free. Make this shelf-stable and cabin friendly product your travel essential for far flung locations such as Egypt, India, Mexico and Thailand.
Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 is a natural resident of the intestinal microflora; this strain of acidophilus has been well studied to survive your stomach acidity and biliary salts; and to travel to the intestines without damage. L. acidophilus Rosell-52 has also been through numerous in vitro tests. Saccharomyces boulardii is a unique yeast sold widely across Europe, especially in France and Germany. S. boulardii has undergone extensive scientific research documenting its safety. Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11 is a natural component of the intestinal friendly bacteria; the rhamnosus species is one of the most studied in the world of live cultures. L. rhamnosus Rosell-11 from OptiBac has been proven to resist bile and gastric acidity over pH 3 - therefore if taken at mealtimes (when pH is around 4), it will pass through the stomach without being damaged. Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175 is a well-researched strain that has been shown to survive to reach the gut alive.
Note: The packaging of 'For travelling abroad' has recently been changed to ensure the strains are better protected.
It is important to note that this supplement, unlike many other live cultures products, does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
Available in two pack sizes of 20 or 60 capsules of live cultures. Each capsule provides a count of over 5 billion natural bacteria.
Instructions For Use
Food supplement suitable for adults and children (from 1 year upwards) with the following recommendations:
- Take one capsule daily with food, preferably breakfast, starting 3-5 days before departure, continuing during travel abroad and for a few days upon return from travel, or as professionally directed.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the content of the capsules may be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For travelling abroad' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking 'For travelling abroad'.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please visit our FAQ summary page.
Free over £100. Discount automatically applied at checkout when you spend £100.
Standard: £1.75 - please allow 4-7 days for delivery
First Class: £2.50 - please allow 1-3 days for delivery
Delivery within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has a fixed price, regardless of the size and weight of your order. Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
Next Day UK Delivery *
Order before 3pm from Monday – Friday and select option ‘next day delivery’ at the checkout. Signature required.
* Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Irish postcodes BT18 & upwards, Scottish borders and offshore, and a small number of remote mainland destinations as determined by our delivery courier.
Once your parcel has been collected from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email
to let you know that the parcel has been dispatched.
For any further delivery queries, please call us on 01264 363 193 or email [email protected].
Orders placed before 3pm will be dispatched on the same working day.
Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
We deliver to more than 50 countries and offer free delivery on orders over £100.
For more details, please check out our shipping & delivery FAQ.
We are a UK-based company and product prices on our website are shown in
pounds sterling (GBP £).
If you are purchasing from abroad, conversion to your local currency will be made by your bank on the day of purchase.
We recommend using an online currency conversion tool if you'd like an estimate, though do bear in mind that the rates displayed may be subject to change before your bank processes your transaction.
Customer Reviews – 31 Reviews
Reviews are very close to our heart.
Here is what our customers have to say about OptiBac 'For travelling abroad':