What's it for?
Highly researched friendly bacteria for women
Who's it for?
For women from all walks of life. Not suitable for children under 4 years.
Provides 2.3 billion live cultures.
OptiBac 'For women'
- 2.3 billion billion count of friendly bacteria per capsule, guaranteed until end of expiry
- Suggested for daily use
- Contains the following live cultures strains, which have been extensively researched and clinically trialled by over 2,500 women around the world:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1®
- Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®
- Proven to survive to reach the vaginal flora
- Highly rated and trusted by women in various stages of life
- Suitable and safe to take during pregnancy, breastfeeding and menopause
- For every pack purchased of OptiBac 'For women', a donation will be made to the international women's rights charity, Womankind Worldwide
- Does not require refrigeration, unlike many products containing live cultures, due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions
- Available in three pack sizes of 14, 30 or 90 capsules
With over 30 years of research, you can trust that if you want a friendly bacteria supplement especially for the female intimate flora then 'For women' is the one for you.
Alongside taking this product, please also consider lifestyle factors such as diet i.e. reducing your intake of sugar, which can feed harmful bacteria and yeasts, increasing your water intake and avoiding wipes, douches and soaps in the intimate area, which can upset the natural vaginal pH.
This is a food supplement and it is not intended to prevent, treat, nor diagnose any medical conditions.
Making a difference
Making a difference – we would like to thank everyone who recommends, stocks and takes this supplement. Over the last 5 years you have helped us raise £250,000 for the international women’s rights charity Womankind Worldwide who partner with women's rights organisations and movements in Africa and Asia to transform the lives of women around the world.
And we're just getting started. A donation (20p per 14 capsules, 30p per 30 capsules, and £1 per 90 capsules) is made to Womankind Worldwide every time you buy 'For women'. Thank you for helping us help women today and every day! Read more about the OptiBac and Womankind Worldwide partnership.
Instructions For Use
- Take one or two capsules daily as desired, or as professionally directed.
- For ongoing use, one capsule a day may often suffice.
- Take with food, preferably with breakfast.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or cold beverage.
- For best results, take daily.
- 'For women' can safely be taken alongside other supplements in the OptiBac range.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For women' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please visit our FAQ summary page.
Free over £100. Discount automatically applied at checkout when you spend £100.
Standard: £1.75 - please allow 4-7 days for delivery
First Class: £2.50 - please allow 1-3 days for delivery
Delivery within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has a fixed price, regardless of the size and weight of your order. Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
Next Day UK Delivery *
Order before 3pm from Monday – Friday and select option ‘next day delivery’ at the checkout. Signature required.
* Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Irish postcodes BT18 & upwards, Scottish borders and offshore, and a small number of remote mainland destinations as determined by our delivery courier.
Once your parcel has been collected from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email
to let you know that the parcel has been dispatched.
For any further delivery queries, please call us on 01264 363 193 or email [email protected].
Orders placed before 3pm will be dispatched on the same working day.
Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
We deliver to more than 50 countries and offer free delivery on orders over £100.
For more details, please check out our shipping & delivery FAQ.
We are a UK-based company and product prices on our website are shown in
pounds sterling (GBP £).
If you are purchasing from abroad, conversion to your local currency will be made by your bank on the day of purchase.
We recommend using an online currency conversion tool if you'd like an estimate, though do bear in mind that the rates displayed may be subject to change before your bank processes your transaction.
Want to make sure to never run out of your favourite daily supplement, or want to give a special gift?
Then our easy subscription service is just for you! Simply schedule a repeat order and let us take care of everything else. The service is free, secure, and you can cancel at any time.
How do I set up a subscription?
You need to be a registered account holder in order to set up subscriptions. The set-up process varies slightly depending on whether you already have an account or still need to sign up for one. Please see how to guides below.
Already got an OptiBac account?
1. Log into account
Go to "My Account" and log in.
2a. Add new subscription
Add only supplements you want to receive as part of your subscription to your basket and place an order using a debit or credit card. Don't forget to select 'Save card details'! Confirm subscription details on order confirmation page and click "Subscribe".
2b. Subscribe to existing order
Go to 'My Orders', locate the order you want to subscribe to and click "Subscribe". Select frequency, start date and payment card and click "Create".
Not yet registered for an OptiBac account?
1. Place order
Add only supplements you want to receive as part of your subscription to your basket and place an order using a debit or credit card. Don't forget to select 'Save card details'!
Create account by adding a password on the order confirmation page.
Go to 'My Orders' and click "Subscribe". Select frequency, start date and payment card and click "Create".
1. Receive your order
Based on your preferences, we'll automatically place a new order and take payment for it. You'll receive an e-mail when the order has been placed and also when your parcel has been dispatched.
2. Cancel or amend order
You can cancel or change the frequency of your subscription at any time. Simply go to My Account > Order Subscriptions.
Customer Reviews – 107 Reviews
Reviews are very close to our heart.
Here is what our customers have to say about OptiBac 'For women':