What's it for?
Highly researched friendly bacteria for women
Who's it for?
For women from all walks of life. Not suitable for children under 4 years.
Provides 2.3 billion live cultures.
Which specific strains?
- Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1®
OptiBac 'For women'
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1® and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14® have been clinically trialled by over 2,500 women around the world
- Each capsule provides 2.3 billion live cultures per capsule, guaranteed until end of expiry
- Proven to survive to reach vagina alive
- Does not require refrigeration, unlike many products containing live cultures
- Suitable for women during pregnancy, breastfeeding mothers, women in the menopause, and highly rated & trusted by women in various stages of life
- For every pack purchased of OptiBac 'For women', a donation will be made to the international women's rights charity, Womankind Worldwide
OptiBac 'For women' is for those seeking an expert friendly bacteria supplement for women. It contains the extensively researched strains of natural bacteria Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1® and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®, which are trialled in thousands of women around the world and proven to survive to reach the vaginal flora. Suggested for daily use, each capsule provides 2.3 billion live microorganisms guaranteed until end of expiry. With over 30 years of research, you can trust that if you want a friendly bacteria supplement especially for female intimate flora then 'For women' is the one for you.
It is important to note that this supplement, unlike many other live cultures products, does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
This live cultures supplement is safe and appropriate for women in the menopause, as well as for pregnant & breastfeeding mothers.
Available in three pack sizes of 14, 30 or 90 capsules of live cultures. Each capsule provides a count of over 2.3 billion natural bacteria.
Alongside taking this product, it may also be worthwhile considering lifestyle factors such as diet (for example reducing your intake of sugar, which can feed harmful bacteria and yeasts), increasing your water intake, and avoiding wipes, douches and soaps in the intimate area, which can upset the natural vaginal pH.
Making a difference
For every pack purchased of 'For women', OptiBac will donate 20p to £1 (20p per 14 capsules, 30p per 30 capsules, and £1 per 90 capsules) to the international women's rights charity, Womankind Worldwide. Womankind Worldwide partners with organisations in Africa, Asia and Latin America to challenge discrimination of, and violence against, women. As of September 2018 together we have raised over £151,000 for Womankind Worldwide, so thank you to all those who recommend, stock and take this product. Read more about the OptiBac and Womankind Worldwide partnership.
Instructions For Use
- Take one or two capsules daily as desired, or as professionally directed.
- For ongoing use, one capsule a day may often suffice.
- Take with food, preferably with breakfast.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or cold beverage.
- For best results, take daily.
- 'For women' can safely be taken alongside other supplements in the OptiBac range.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For women' does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please visit our FAQ summary page.
Free over £100. Discount automatically applied at checkout when you spend £100.
Standard: £1.75 - please allow 4-7 days for delivery
First Class: £2.50 - please allow 1-3 days for delivery
Delivery within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has a fixed price, regardless of the size and weight of your order. Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed unless otherwise stated.
Next Day UK Delivery *
Order before 3pm from Monday – Friday and select option ‘next day delivery’ at the checkout. Signature required.
* Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Irish postcodes BT18 & upwards, Scottish borders and offshore, and a small number of remote mainland destinations as determined by our delivery courier.
Once your parcel has been collected from our warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email
to let you know that the parcel has been dispatched.
For any further delivery queries, please call us on 01264 363 193 or email [email protected].
Orders placed before 3pm will be dispatched on the same working day.
Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
We deliver to more than 50 countries and offer free delivery on orders over £100.
For more details, please check out our shipping & delivery FAQ.
We are a UK-based company and product prices on our website are shown in
pounds sterling (GBP £).
If you are purchasing from abroad, conversion to your local currency will be made by your bank on the day of purchase.
We recommend using an online currency conversion tool if you'd like an estimate, though do bear in mind that the rates displayed may be subject to change before your bank processes your transaction.
Customer Reviews – 90 Reviews
Reviews are very close to our heart.
Here is what our customers have to say about OptiBac 'For women':